Sunday, March 21, 2010

surrender


.
.
 
 
The human mind has grown even since the time of the Buddha, 2,500 years ago.
 The human mind is more noisy and more all-pervasive, and the egos are bigger.
 There's been an ego growth over thousands of years; it's growing to a point of madness,
 with the ultimate madness having been reached in the twentieth century.
 One only needs to read twentieth-century history to see that it has been the climax
 of human madness, if it's measured in terms of human
 violence inflicted on other humans.

So in the present time, 
we can't escape from the world anymore;
 we can't escape from the mind. 
We need to enter surrender while we are in the world. 
That seems to be the path that is effective in the world that we live in now.

.
- Eckhart Tolle
.

2 comments:

caferacers66 said...

it seems to be so true... I believe in the surrender yes but also that we are here to care for each other. Granted that is hard to tell when I drive in traffic but I do believe it none the less.

Dean Keller said...

yes, well said. for me it's letting go or relaxing of grasping things quite so tightly, which seems to leave me with a gentleness toward myself and a sense of newness in the world around me, a softening of relationships and an openness though which caring flows, as you said.

thanks for your comment.