Saturday, December 14, 2019

a different self





... I myself I require a more direct revelation, 
not one that must come through so many minds before it reaches mine.  
I must have a faith that I can see and hear, 
one that I can feel without thinking or even trying to put it into words.  
It is not for anyone else, 
it is a personal faith.

The interval of solitude is precious.  
It is a different world and I am a different self.  
I feel relieved of a responsibility that cannot be defined.  
I am released from pressure, my mind is free.  
Yet would I not feel a lack of balance if I lived alone all the time?



~ Harlan Hubbard
from his journal, 1959





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The interval of solitude is precious."

So presious.

M.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This comment is not meant to be posted; it is for the blogger who maintains this site.

I don't know how I first came across your site, but I've had it bookmarked for several years. I decided this morning to change my start-up page from the news site it has been set at for many years, to something that will allow my mind to remain quieter. Looking through my bookmarks, I knew your page was the one.

Harlan Hubbard lived across the river from me, btw. I'm glad to see his work getting the attention it deserves.

Thank you for all you do. Bringing silence to the mind is such valuable work!